Location: Ontinyent (Valencia), Spain
Start: December 2019
Duration: up to 5 months
Working language: English
Who are we?
We are a primary state school situated in east coast of Spain in a city called Ontinyent with 35000 population. We are very close to the beach but in a mountain climate. The school is placed in a medium economic level of neighbourhood. Most of the parents work in textile factories.
We carry on a huge number of projects along the years trying to improve teaching methodologies in order to prepare our students for the globalised society in which we are living, and achieving a good level in external tests carrying on by the Valencian Government. We’ve got lots of resources and services to develop our usual work as good Internet and WIFI connection, computer, projector and interactive whiteboard in all the classes.
We try to develop a good number of projects to increase students’ motivation and adapt to the society demands. Our main aim is to achieve a meaningful learning from the students and develop in them a communicative competence in the three different languages worked at school.
What are the main tasks?
After an observation period in order to know the school, the teacher, the education system, the Spanish culture…
- The trainee is going to participate improving the oral English skills of the students in small groups.
- Furthermore, she can carry on different activities, projects, games in order to improve the oral English skills from the students.
- He/She can also participate in a normal life at the school with the objective to know the Spanish culture and language. (meetings with teachers, trips, celebrations etc.)
- At the same time, she can teach cultural aspects from her culture to the Spanish students
What do we expect from you?
They’re not important. At least B2 in English language or Spanish.
What knowledge and skills can you gain during the internship?
- The trainee is going to improve the knowledge in different languages (Valencian, Spanish and English) and how three languages can live together.
- The trainee is going to improve the teaching techniques.
- He’s/She’s going to learn different aspects of the Spanish and Valencian culture.
- He’s/She’s going to acquire new class management techniques.
- He’s/She’s going to improve the digital competence to the use of ICT in the classroom.
Do you offer any contribution?
Free lunch at the school canteen and help to find accommodation. Sometimes there are free places at the students residence co-finance by the town hall.
What is the selection process?
CV and skype interview.