Duration of the internship: 6 months
Who are we?
We are a research unit based in two higher education institutions in Porto and Lisbon. We are currently working in a project centred on future conditions of food production and consumption through holistic and prospective utopian thinking, thus aiding the implementation of the emerging field of Food Studies in Portugal. We are currently searching for students from the following sectors: Food studies, Journalism and Reporting, Literature, Audio-visual and Database and Network Administration
What are the main tasks?
- Specialists in Literature and Linguistics
You will help with the research for the project.
- Specialists in Audio-visual techniques and media production
Namely graphic designers, you will design products and various graphic elements mownloadable materials, and presentations. Experience in Multimedia is also needed, to make promotional trailers, clips and recordings for our out-reach activities.
- Specialists in database and network design and administration
You will support the construction of databases and websites, and work along with other trainees specialists in digital arts.
- Specialists in Journalism and Reporting
You may help with the promotion in newspapers and magazines, and with the communication with cultural and educational institutions from all over the world. You can also conduct interviews with local institutions that we want to report on and contribute to our project’s blog.
What do we expect from you?
- Studies in one of the following sectors: Food, Journalism and Reporting, Literature, Audio-visual and Database and Network Administration
- Native English speakers are preferred
- German and French speaking is an asset
- Flexibility to adapt to different work activities
- Ability to work in an international environment
- Willingness to contribute to the success of the project
Can we offer you any additional contribution?
- Unfortunately financial contribution is not provided but we support your learning process. You will have the opportunity to grow professionally and personally in a pleasant work atmosphere
What is the selection process?
- Motivation letter and CV in English
- Skype phone call (Skype ID needed in CV)